Wednesday 4 July 2012

Laying yourself bare

No this post is not related to the increased interest in erotic fiction! Sorry to disappoint ;)
I have just finished Anastasia and the Three Wise Men and feel a huge sense of achievement because it is story 23. Anastasia Romanov has come a long, long way since she first began her adventures at Boughton Lodge while out riding her horses. I am sometimes overwhelmed at how my own life has changed in the last 6 months. It is amazing when you think last December I was trying to find some work to do from home and now I am a self published writer.

This next story, which is the 3rd in Series III, introduces the more mature, teenage Anastasia and, my, how her adventures have matured too! She is now armed and extremely dangerous. She will take no prisoners and if anyone gets on her wrong side then they had better move fast! She is on a mission to right the wrongs that exist in our world today. There are some bad people out there and Anastasia is doing her best to rid the world of them.

In this story we learn of a secret that has been hidden away for seventy years - America does have its own Royal Family - I know I was shocked too when I discovered it! Anastasia is called in to help three, very powerful men who know that she, as the imminent Empress of all the Russias, is the one to help them bring back stability and rid their countries of the most controversial criminal activity. She is soon to be the most powerful woman in the world and it is clear that the rest of the world are learning to keep her on side. Why is Anastasia so successful in her chosen career as a Private Detective? Well, it's obvious isn't it? It's because she has people on her side who support, protect and do all they can to help her and without them she would surely be less able to succeed.

What I have come to realise, from a personal perspective, is that there is something about announcing to everyone you know that you are 'a writer'. You are 'laying yourself bare', through your stories, for all to see and judge and disapprove of and dismiss and embrace and hate and love and, hopefully, enjoy. I embrace any reaction as long as people read my stories. I would support anyone who had the guts to 'lay themselves bare'. I appreciate the support I have had from those I care about - and also from those that I haven't even met yet!

I guess what I am trying to say is that it is so important to have the support of your family and friends when you embark on such a display of your abilities as a writer. I am intrigued to know who my readers are and whoever you all are, because I certainly don't know you all personally, I thank each and every one of you for at least taking a look.

Anastasia suffers badly with haemophilia so she needs all the support she can get. She is proof that with determination and people behind you anyone can be a success. Thank you, Highness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment