Wednesday 21 November 2012

Some ramblings...

Preparations for the pantomime, Aladdin, are going well and the set is coming along nicely.  I can't wait to see it all up and in place.  My costumes, for the role of Princess Belrubador, are lovely, thanks to the wonderful women helping with wardrobe.  Amazing job!  Julie is doing a fine job directing and the cast are superb so I'm hopeful for a resounding success (at least I hope so because I have sold quite a few tickets!)

It's very special as it's the first panto I've been in.  I have done musicals and a play but never panto.  Rehearsals have impressed me and properly tickled me.  I can't wait to hear the children's responses to it all when they watch from the audience: 'Behind you!' etc.  Ella is very excited about going to watch her mummy in Aladdin.  I just hope she doesn't wonder why another man is flinging me over his arm and kissing me!  I'll try to prepare her before she goes!

It is also a very emotional time as my parents are coming, along with both my sisters, their partners and my older sister's three children.  Having my Dad there is very important for obvious reasons.  I can't help but wonder if it will be the last visit Dad makes to stay with us but I am thankful he is coming as I had also wondered if he ever would again.  My younger sister is driving my parents here, which is great, and they will all stay the night so it's a great opportunity to spend time with them all and have them close. 

I do have one worry about this panto.  I worry I may lose it and get emotional.  'But pantos are funny!' I hear you cry.  Yes, they are, and this one is especially so, but at one point we all sing together and there's a line that is liable to reduce me to tears for the performance my parents are attending.  You see I'll know they are sat watching even if lighting means I can't see them.  It's a very poignant line and it's amazing how songs suddenly hold so much more meaning when life and events takes a turn...   

'Through the years we all will be together, if the fates allow...'  I'm sure most of you will recognise the line; it happens to be one of my most favourite Christmas songs.

We will be spending Christmas day at home, just the four of us, and will spend boxing day with family.  This Christmas is very important and I know we will all make sure we all will be together.  We may even hang a shining star up on the highest bough!

Whatever happens I'm going to make the most of every moment and every opportunity to spend time with loved ones over the coming weeks because, hey, you just never know do you?

Rambling over - the weather's coming in thick and fast.  Wind, rain and dark clouds in abundance.  It's going to be a great school run!

No comments:

Post a Comment